
These next two selections come from a person who I think cares about music and it's integration into every aspect of life. He's also a dear friend and someone who I can count on to help me romanticize shit - Chad Layton. I suspect his tape deck was busted as you'll no doubt notice the left channel on certain tracks is often lower, but chad made this wonderful mix and you should rock it too because it really really kicks. It was made, I think, in 2006 after he had been in Asheville, NC and I in Berkeley, CA for many years. It was also crazy sped up so I tried to slow it down after digitizing it (which speaks to the 48 minutes per side). Many choice cuts. But I remember the VLE track and Kinski track just blowing my mind and forcing steady rewinds on my walkman. It was also cold when I got it, if I remember correctly, and as the days get colder now so shall you receive it. Let it bring about an autumnal state of mind.
Available HERE
(Stay tuned for a 2nd tape)


No comments:
Post a Comment